Employ Long-Term Thinking Regarding Deconstruction vs. Demolition
SAN RAFAEL, CA, June 6, 2012 — Hurricane Hauling & Demolition, Inc. owners David Sherman and Paul Sonnabend attended the National Association of the Remodeling Industry (NARI) San Francisco’s Chapter Meeting on June 5, 2012. The meeting featured Sherman and Marin Resource Recovery Center Founder Joe Garbarino speaking about Recycling and the Remodeler: From the Site to the Recycler. About thirty different companies attended, mostly all NARI Building EPIC Contractors.
Sherman’s presentation, entitled Employ Long-Term Thinking Regarding Deconstruction vs. Demolition, explained the similarities and differences between the two services. The categories also included:
- How to be Sustainable? Diverting materials from the landfill for re-purposing and reducing carbon footprint
- How to make Investments? Adding time with Federal Tax Incentives as potential profitability for your clients’ remodels
- What can be Salvaged? Deciphering between salvageable and re-purposing items and valuing those materials
- Where to make Partnerships? Finding and working with appraisers, salvage yards, 501(c)(3)s, recycle centers, etc. in the deconstruction sector
- What is EPA’s Lead Safety “Renovate Right Protocol” Rule? Having a broader understanding of the rules, deciphering applicable projects, recognizing the benefits of subbing
- How to comply with Regulations? Adhering to federal, state and local recycling and reuse ordinances
“Presenting at the Chapter Meeting was a great experience for Hurricane Hauling,” says Sherman. “It was reassuring to see how many contractors are committed to ethical, informed business. These small steps for businesses add up to big steps for the industry as a whole.”
To see the contents of the whole meeting, click here.
About Hurricane Hauling & Demolition, Inc.
Hurricane Hauling & Demolition, Inc. specializes in deconstruction, demolition, debris hauling & cleanup, tree and yard services. A licensed, bonded, and fully insured Bay Area Green Business, we operate in the greater Bay Area. Since 1989, we have been salvaging materials from residential and commercial projects. Our mission is to provide high quality service at affordable rates with the goal of reducing, reusing, recycling, and re-purposing materials for the benefit of our customers, through incentives like tax write-offs, and our environment. Visit www.hurricanehauling.com.
Hurricane Hauling & Demolition, Inc.
55 B De Luca Place
San Rafael, CA 94901